Information for Mental Health
WorkPlace Leeds (Employment Service)
De Lacey House
Contact for details
WorkPlace Leeds was formed by the merger of two successful Leeds Mind employment projects - Working Minds and Dove Employment and Training. The service is delivered by Leeds Mind, in partnership with Touchstone and Community Links.
We are a client-centered employment service, offering realistic choices and opportunities, which empower and motivate people with mental health problems to find or retain work. We respect and treat everyone as an individual and aim to support and guide people through their journey towards their employment goals. Through mutual commitment, we strive to build high-quality relationships which support people in facing difficulties, uncertainties and in taking positive risks on their journey. We aspire to support individuals in rebuilding their confidence and to feel hopeful about the future.
We currently offer three specific services:
1. Employment Support
We provide 1:1 careers advice and guidance and a range of group training to support people towards:
• Employment (full-time, part-time or permitted work)
• Voluntary work across a range of fields
• Further or Higher Education
2. Job Retention
We understand that from time to time, people with mental health problems may experience difficulties at work. We aim to support people who are struggling in their employment and will work on a 1:1 basis with the individual and employer to help resolve work related issues.
We also deliver our ‘Being Well at Work’ group courses to equip people with the right skills and coping strategies to remain well at work. This course is open to anyone with a mental health problem who is employed. The cost for this 10 week course is £60.00. To book a place, please call us on the WorkPlace Leeds telephone number.
3. IT Training
We provide IT Training Service to support people in :-
• Improving their IT Skills for employment
• Achieving ECDL qualifications
Referrals To The Service:
For Employment Support, we accept referrals from:
• NHS Community Mental Health Teams, where the client is under the Care Programme Approach and has a Care Co-ordinator for Employment Support Service.
• Adult Social Care Day Services (The Vale, Stocks Hill Day Centre, Lovell Park Day Centre or the Community Alternatives Team - CATS).
For Job Retention support, we accept referrals from:
• Acute Services, (Becklin Centre, Newsam Centre, Intensive Community Services) for clients who are employed and struggling with work-related issues.
• IAPT Services.
Voluntary / non-profit.
- Interpreters available
- Mental health professional